Do you suffer urinary or bladder leakage problems such as:
- Difficulty controlling your bladder?
- Stress Urinary Incontinence (leakage when coughing or exercising)?
- Urgently needing to pee (urge incontinence)?
- Frequent night time urination?
- Light Bladder Leakage?
- Recurring Urinary Tract Infections or Thrush?
Have you lost interest in sex (low libido), for example:
- Loss of libido (sexual desire) after childbirth or menopause ?
- Reduced or non-existent sexual satisfaction?
Do you avoid sex or intimacy due to:
- Pain during sexual intercourse (Dyspareunia)?
- A stretched or loose Vagina after childbirth?
Do you have to use creams or lubes because of:
- Other vaginal problems?
- Vaginal atrophy due to ageing?
- Loss of vaginal elasticity or vaginal shortening?
- Vaginal dryness with burning and itching?
- For HRT (hormone replacement therapy)?
Has this caused you:
- Inconvenience, embarrassment or pain?
- Loss of self confidence or femininity?
- Loss of interest in your Sex life?
- Less intimacy in your Relationships?
- To miss your normal life before menopause or pregnancy?
- To look for an alternative to HRT vaginal creams and lubes?
Revolutionary vaginal revitalisation treatment
The MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser is a revolutionary, non-surgical, “walk in, walk out” 20 minute treatment for vaginal revitalisation, vaginal tightening and loss of elasticity.
The treatment itself is painless, low risk and requires no downtime. It is suitable for most women and offers an alternative to suffering in silence.
Benefits of MonaLisa Touch Treatment
Our patients have reported:
- Feeling like a “real woman” again
- Feeling much more feminine – just like before menopause
- An improved rejuvenated vagina – tighter and more lubricated
- Better sex, increased libido and more regular intimacy
- Improved relationships and marital harmony
- Reduced urge to urinate when stressed or rushed
- Less need to visit the toilet to pee – especially at night
- Less Urinary infections and thrush
- Less need to use HRT creams
We have found the MonaLisa Touch laser to be very effective for vaginal tightening and vaginal rejuvenation treatment, treating a range of common post-childbirth, pre and post-menopausal gynaecological issues. Sometimes called “women’s troubles” or “female problems,” these can include vaginal dryness, vaginal atrophy or laxity, urge or stress incontinence, painful sexual intercourse (Dyspareunia) and recurring urinary tract infections. It may also a useful addition to a “complete mummy makeover.”
Find out for yourself what patients say about MonaLisa Touch treatments:www.realself.com/monalisa-touch
What are the Mona Lisa Touch benefits?
Patients treated with the MonaLisa Touch have reported an improvement in sexual relations and better orgasms as a result of improved vaginal tightness and increased vaginal lubrication.
Specific benefits of this treatment can include increased tissue quality and elasticity, increased blood flow to the vagina, tightening of the vaginal canal and the rejuvenation of aged, damaged and irritated tissue. The treatment can help to normalise the pH of the vagina and reduce recurrent infections for many women. The restoration of a ‘normal’ vaginal environment and improved tissue quality also increases lubrication.
In suitable patients, the MonaLisa can effectively treat stress/urge incontinence, painful sexual intercourse (dyspareunia), vaginal atrophy, recurrent infections and itchiness, burning and/or dryness associated with menopause. It does not replace hormone replacement therapies or surgically installed mechanical supports for all women, but where appropriate offers a new less invasive and highly effective vaginal rejuvenation option.
How does the MonaLisa Touch Laser (Vagina Tightening and Rejuvenation) work?
MonaLisa Touch uses a non-surgical fractional laser system, very similar to the laser treatments long available for facial rejuvenation. The laser works by optically splitting a laser beam into a series of very small dots that are aimed at the inside wall of the vagina. The laser pulses for less than a tenth of second, during which the intensity of the laser is carefully varied by a computer to match the characteristics of the existing vaginal wall.
At the point of contact, the laser dot removes a tiny area of tissue. This creates a pinhole around the diameter of a human hair. As the body repairs itself, it stimulates cells to create new healthy tissue at the site of the dot and the flesh immediately surrounding it. This process uses the same concept as facial rejuvenation.
The laser also works to heat the area between dots, stimulating the activity of specialised cells that create elastin and collagen – the building blocks of healthy tissue.
Vagina surgery with MonaLisa leaves rejuvenated, elastic healthy tissue with minimal disruption. Improved blood flow and tissue tone reduces pain, improves sexual and urinary function and may increase sexual gratification.
Will MonaLisa Touch work for you – are you suitable?
It is important to understand that not all women are suitable for the MonaLisa Touch. Each patient must have a medical consultation to discuss and determine their suitability prior to undergoing treatment.
Patients suffering from significant prolapse (Grade 2 or above) may not be suitable as MonaLisa Touch is an ablative laser treatment. Please call 910.399.6661 to contact us if you have any specific questions around our vagina rejuvenation treatment.
Although the MonaLisa Touch can offer similar results to hormone replacement therapy, some patients may still need to seek further treatment, surgery or medication to alleviate their symptoms.
Prior to undergoing MonaLisa treatment, patients need to have had a PAP smear and examination in the last 12 months showing no abnormalities. Please call or contact us if you have any questions about organizing your pre-treatment PAP smear.
How long is the treatment?
The treatment itself takes no longer than 15 minutes.
A swab is inserted into the vagina to dry out the inside as much as possible prior to the insertion of the laser. This is the uncomfortable part of the procedure. The laser probe is then inserted into the vagina. The patient will feel a low grade vibration inside the vaginal canal which is virtually painless for most women. This process lasts for around 5 minutes depending on the comfort of the patient, the probe is then removed and the treatment is complete.
Downtime – how long will I take to recover?
As the Mona Lisa Touch treatment is painless, patients can return to normal daily activities following treatment. However strenuous exercise and very hot baths are not advised. You must also refrain from vaginal intercourse for 5 days to allow the vaginal canal surface to heal properly.
How many treatments are required?
Patient trials here and overseas have concluded that the best results (in most cases) are generally achieved from three MonaLisa treatments over 8 to 12 weeks.
- Most patients see a significant improvement after their first treatment, but are encouraged to continue with the subsequent MonaLisa sessions, as this ensures the most effective and long-lasting result.
- The results of the MonaLisa Touch are generally excellent, some patients have described the treatment as life-changing but the extent of improvement varies between individual patients.
How long do MonaLisa Touch results last?
Many of the symptoms treated by the MonaLisa Touch are associated with low hormone levels brought on by menopause. A continued lack of oestrogen production can lead to some symptoms returning down the track. Under the advice of our doctors, patients can have repeated vaginal rejuvenation treatments if their symptoms return.
How much does MonaLisa Touch treatment cost?
MonaLisa Touch is not currently covered by either Medicare or most Insurance.
Initial treatment plan includes 3 treatments over 12 weeks and typically cost $1800 for the 3 treatments. Your treatment plan will be catered to your clinical needs after a Doctor consultation and exam.
- It is advised that patients adhere to their suggested treatment plan even if they are satisfied with the improvement after the first treatment.
- Repeated treatment at specified intervals allows longer lasting improvement.
- Women interested in treatment are encouraged to contact our clinic to receive an accurate price guide and further information.
A standard MonaLisa Laser treatment plan consists of a preliminary medical consultation and initial three sessions over 12 weeks plus a “booster treatment” around 12 months.
- A MonaLisa Touch Consultation, assessment and exam costs $150 which is applied to cost of procedure if you decided to have treatment
Treating Wilmington, Goldsboro and surrounding areas, Chris Pate M.D. is proud to announce the addition of the recently FDA approved MonaLisa Touch, carbon dioxide (CO2) laser for the treatment of vaginal atrophy, a condition that affects primarily postmenopausal women, breast cancer survivors and women who have undergone hysterectomies.
“Affecting tens of millions of women worldwide, vaginal atrophy is a medical condition with a large unmet treatment need. The procedure, which can be administered in a doctor’s office, requires no anesthesia and has been performed on thousands of patients worldwide. Patients report a significant improvement in their condition.” Said Michael Davin, Cynosure’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
THE MONALISA TOUCH IS A GAME CHANGER!
VAGINAL HYDRATION IMPROVED
The MonaLisa Touch delivers short CO2 ablative pulses to the vaginal wall, decreasing vaginal atrophy symptoms such as vaginal dryness.
PAINFUL INTERCOURSE REDUCED
Treatment with the MonaLisa Touch is designed to reverse the deterioration of the vaginal walls associated to the loss of estrogen due to aging, estrogen blocker therapy for breast cancer and other conditions.
URINARY PAIN AND SYMPTOMS DECREASED
The system is designed to stimulate and promote the regeneration of collagen fibers and the restoration of hydration and the elasticity of the vaginal mucosa.
Individual results may vary